December 05, 2007

Time Flies!

I've been busy sewing again! I've been knitting a bit too, but I've been sewing more, since I know that I can knit more easily once the baby arrives.

One of the things that I finished recently was this diaper bag. I like it because it has 6 pockets on the inside, two on the outside, and a matching changing pad. It is also messenger-style, which is easy to carry, and it doesn't look like a diaper bag! The inner is quilter's cotton, and the outer is printed suedecloth. I started sewing for the baby yesterday too. Here is a kimono top made from some penguin flannel. I made the smallest size, knowing that the pattern runs large, but this is even bigger than I thought! What 7lb baby has a 20" chest?!? But I'm sure it will fit at some point! This is one of my favorites so far. The green top is So Soft, which is like minkee, and the footie pants are chocolate brown velour. I made up the pants pattern myself when I couldn't find one that I liked locally. The top has a bear applique on it as well. Here is B in her new nightgown. We both loved the turtle flannel! And A in his car jammies. I made both of them coats as well. I found a great deal on double-sided fabric, and as you can see, they both liked their coats. A's is a Kwik Sew pattern (KS 2545). B picked out her fabric. Her coat is from a Butterick pattern (4648). I had enough fabric left over from both jackets to make one each for the baby, this way we're set either way! B needed some more clothes, so I made this outfit too (another Butterick pattern 3316). I made a red sparkle velour dress from this pattern as well. Like all the Big 3 patterns, these have run large, but I've learned to compensate. B loves Thomas the Train, so when she asked for something with Thomas on it, I came up with this dress. It was one of my first projects on my new serger. I love the rolled hem and lettuce edging! The top was one of my husband's old polo shirts that had a stain on it, but it was perfect for the dress. It will be one of her Christmas gifts.

I found the reindeer fleece in the remnant bin at Joann's and there was enough for two raglan pullovers, once for A and B. the red is leftover from a pullover I made for myself.

Here are more fleece raglans. They are great because they fit well, are warm, easy care, and all came from leftover fleece from making pullovers for my in-laws two years ago. Although it helps that I made 9 pullovers that year!
Lastly, my husband needs a new pair of flannel pants, and this was super thick and cozy flannel. I had some waffle knit to make him a shirt to go with it. And there was plenty of fabric left (have you noticed a trend here?), so much that I made matching outfits for both B and A. B's has the scottie, and A's has the whale. They should keep them all warm during our Christmas travels!

Off to feed my munchkins, cut more fabric, and back to the sewing machine!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My you've been busy! I love all the outfits you made. And-great work just starting with the serger-wow!
Trish

Woven Spun said...

I am soooo impressed with all your items. They look great. i really love the bag. Purple is my favorite color. The kids are growing so much too.

Denise said...

Caarrriiisssssa .... you're nesstttinng. In a very big and a very proficient way.

: )

Tracy Batchelder said...

It's like a clothing factory at your house! I think my favorites are the green top with the footie pants, but I love them all.

The Ninja Knitter said...

Wow, that's an awesome amount of sewing that you've got done! Good job!

FYI, you won the yarn from my advent giveaway yesterday. When you have a chance, please email me with your snail mail address and your charitable deed, and I'll get it in the mail to you asap. :)

Donna B said...

Cutie kiddos and cute clothes too! If your boy loves cars as much as mine does, I bet he doesn't want to take those jammies off!

Lorraine said...

Holy buckets - that's a lot of sewing. Color me impressed!

Melissa said...

Wow, you sure get a lot done! I'm always impressed with your accomplishments. I was completely unproductive while I was pregnant, at least it felt that way. And who says you're having a 7 lb. baby? That's what I was expecting and I got a whopping 10 pounder!

Patricia said...

You are such a talented seamstress! I love the butterwick patrern coat!! I am so impressed.
Patricia