February 22, 2008

I love Kwik Sew!

I've started sewing the kids summer wardrobe, and I've liked Kwik Sew patterns for a few years, but I gained a new appreciation for them over the past few days. This outfit for B took one afternoon to make, even with J waking up to eat, and a few other interruptions. It is KS 2596 and is sized from 1-4T. This probably wouldn't have been my first choice in prints, but it was on clearance, and it is still a nice print, and the lavender matches the flowers. It was my first time using twin needles, and I was surprised at how easy it was. I really like how professional it makes the hems look. I used to use a stretch stitch on knits, but I think I like the twin needle method better! And here is B modeling her new outfit (excuse the hair she just got up from her quiet time/nap!).

Here are J's ducky feet, just because!
With a gift card that we had from Christmas, I bought Kwik Sew's Sewing for Baby and Sewing for Toddlers. The pictures look pretty dates, but the styles are really classic and are so easy to update. Here are the short overalls in 3-6 on J. I'll be making the rest of his 6-9 for the summer! He's a super chunk, but we think he's cute!
And because he doesn't have any clothes to model yet but was so cute when painting this morning, here is A.

7 comments:

Donna B said...

Cute, cute, and cute! I kinda like that print on the overdress. Your ducky baby is growing so fast!

Tracy Batchelder said...

B, J and A are adorable as usual! Great job on the sewing. I think I've mentioned before that my mom sewed most of our clothes when we were kids. I always looked forward to sewing day and couldn't wait to try on my new outfit.

Love the duck feet!

Anonymous said...

You've got the sewing bug! And you are so productive. I love it when the bug hits me and I get so much done. Cute clothes ;o)

Lorraine said...

Ironic but I used a Kwik Sew pattern for the first time last month (wolf unitards for Beauty & the Beast) and found it super easy, too. I just picked up a dance leotard pattern for DD#1's competition costume and I'm actually excited to try it. Perhaps I should pick up some of their regular garment patterns!

Debby said...

What adorable children you have! You've inspired me to dig out patterns and fabric and start sewing for my grandmunchkins for summer.
Those duck feet are adorable!

Theresa said...

How did I miss this post! I have not used a Quick Sew pattern since high school home ec in the early 80s! I have a couple and should try them if we ever get my sewing room unburied again (whenever we work on a project elsewhere everything we don't know what to do with gets dumped in my sewing area! :o( I love the fabric for B's top. I'd even wear one out of that. That is part of my problem too is that I cannot find good quality knit fabrics that I would want to sew with. We have Joanne's and Hancock's but neither one carries knits on a regular basis. Do you order online or just have a good local source?

The kids are all cute of course! :o)

Debby said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. As I said in the first post here....you inspired me. Keep sewing for your children. I really enjoyed it when mine we're younger and now it's fun to do it again for grandchildren.