February 27, 2007

The only green around here is yarn!

Well, I haven't been knitting much lately, but I've been spinning and sewing. I did finish knitting the afghan, but sent it off before I got a picture. But is is loved and being used.

I finished up my second skein of yarn for the Interweave skein swap for Julie. It is a mixed fiber batt and I spun it thick/thin. I hope that she likes it! The color is called Godzilla. The snow in background is some left over from our storm this weekend.

After struggling for several years with crib sheets that don't fit after a few washings and rip at the corner seams, I decided to sew a few of my own. I bought the flannel on sale at Joann's and used the pattern at Bundles of Love as a rough guide. Here is B's sheet, which has pink guitars, to match her pink guitar (she's a girly girl!). My mom made the blanket and pillow out of patchwork flannel and chenille. It was her first project on her new sewing machine. B carries the pillow downstairs with her in the morning, and back upstairs for bed at night.


I made A's sheet out of a cute train print. The little blanket bunny is a modified version of the one at the Lionbrand website, but I rewrote it for a different yarn and gauge. A loves it and plays with it before he goes to sleep and after he wakes up.

Since we moved here just over a month ago, we have had some snow every week. The last one froze into a 3 inch sheet of ice. But on Sunday we hat 6 or so inches of wet snow. My husband was shoveling, and B wanted to join him. She made snow angels and played, and he helped her make her first snowman when he was done.


A spent some time outside too. He was my intrepid little explorer, trying to dig out the rocks and pick at everything. He didn't like his mittens too much, but he did like to try to see what the snow tasted like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weather looks like ours which is quickly turning into slushy puddles. The grandkids have been enjoying all the snow. I can't say the same for us. *G* I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of green soon and I don't mean yarn!

The sheets and blanket look great!

Holly said...

SO CUTE! (Sheets and dc) My favorite sheets were the ones I made myself-the fit is so much better.