March 04, 2007

Swap packages and some preemie sweaters

I had a busy mail week. I received my package from Kimberly, my A Life Overflowing partner. She sent me a fun mug filled with almond kisses (my favorite!) a tin of mints, some Cafe Godiva coffee (very yummy) , some pretty roving, and a pair of scissors with one of her fobs.

Here's a close-up of the scissors and fob. The fob has a great tea pot and cup charm on it. Thank you so much, Kimberly!

Yesterday my second skein in the Spin to Knit exchange arrived from Sande. She sent this huge skein of romney hogget and some of the roving, plus some from another sheep in the same flock. I was very blessed to have such a generous swap partner! Thank you! She spun this yarn for me to make some hats to keep the munchkins warm next winter. I think it wil be perfect for that!

Two weeks ago, one of the cousin in the family had twin girls, born 6 weeks early. They were 3.5 lbs each. I wanted to make something for them, so I dug out my crochet hooks (which I haven't done in several years) and made these two sweaters. The one with the blue flowers is from this pattern. I modified the pink one a bit, partly because I remembered halfway through the first one how much I dislike double treble stitches, and partly because I really don't like to make two things exactly the same. I hope they the fit the girls when they can come home. I hope to get a few more things made for these babies too. Since I was a preemie myself, I tend to have a soft spot for them!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Those sweaters are absolutely adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

The little sweaters are darling!

Theresa said...

The sweaters are so cute! I can't believe you didn't tell me about the twins! :o) My girls were only 5 weeks early and big, but still needed premie clothes the first couple weeks and even wore some doll clothes! The roving and skeing are beautiful. I didn't know Sande had a blog. She was on the Ample Knitters list that quit this last year and she is on a couple other lists I am on and seems quite knowledgeable about spinning. She lives four hours from me but I haven't met her.

Anonymous said...

Those sweaters are absolutely darling. Praying for you and those little twinnies.

Sande Francis said...

Well, heck, Theresa - why don't we plan a meeting somewhere in the middle? Do you live south or north of me? The weekend of the 24th there is a handweavers/spinners conference in Visalia. I'll be there Saturday, with my wheel, spinning in the spinning corral. I also plan to support the market... {vbg}

Sande Francis said...

Carissa - time for you to blog again - whatcha been doing lately? I had a wonderful time at the ASCH conference last weekend (Mar 24) in Visalia. I supported the market a lot and spent at least 5 hrs in the spinning corral teaching passers-by to spin and sampling some of the fiber I bought. I got to meet Wendy from Lebec and we had a blast! Talk about instant friends! (G)
sandeleh@sbcglobal.net