March 29, 2007

I've been busy, but don't have much to show

I have been doing a lot of knitting, but I don't have any pictures. I've been slogging away on a shawl that I plan to enter into the garment competition at MD Sheep and Wool (my first fiber even outside of Stitches Market!) and I'm at the point where I have 1000+ stitches on the needle, and I am trying to get 2 rows done per day. It is not very kid-friendly, so I tend to work on it in the evenings. I'm also test knitting some patterns for the EZasPi group, and and nearing completion with that. I hope to have some knitting and spinning pictures soon!

I did finish sewing some bags for two dear friends. The first is yellow with ladybugs and a watercolor-like interior.

This one had rainbow flowers and a dot inner. They are both reversible.
And so as not to leave the post too short, here are two pictures of B and A enjoying their new slide. It has been so nice here lately that we have been walking most days, checking on the progression of the daffodils and tulips. The afternoon often involve time in the back yard, with B on the slide, and me trying to keep A from actually swallowing any of the rocks that he like to try to eat.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Really cute bags! Looking forward to seeing that shawl :~)

Theresa said...

The black flower bag is so cute! Does B have naturally wavy and/or curly hair? I always love seeing the kids' pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh those bags are great!! I wish I could sew more :( I picked up a bunch of fabric at my Hancock's that was going out of business, but can't sew much so I figure I'll use them to line knitted bags.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Great job on the bags. I like the way the handle slides into itself to keep everything "locked" up.

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I'm very new to spinning and really appreciate the encouragement. I'm having fun with the scarf, watching the colors shift and play together while not competing with the pattern.

Melissa said...

Aw, so cute! And the bags are cute too ;o)