September 19, 2007

Finished Sweater and Summer Fiber Swap Fun

The weather here ha been so wonderful for the past week! For church on Sunday we broke out some of A's clothes from the spring. His shirt was a bit small, but he looked so cute! He loved playing with the stuffed watermelon slice that I made for a friend.

The parts arrived over the weekend to fix our weed-eater, so the kids have been having fun in the back yard. A was playing with rocks, and B was enjoying the slide.

Over Labor Day weekend I finished the sleeves on DH's sweater. We went to visit my in-laws, so I had 16 hours to knit in the car. This picture isn't the best, but the kids were anxious to get on their walk! I started on it last August, but it got put away for Christmas presents last year, and then the move, but now it's done in plenty of time for the cool weather, and it fits DH wonderfully! And here is my Summer Fiber Swap package from Jennifer. She has an Etsy shop, Colorful Life, with pretty yarns and fibers. Here is a cup of cashmere (which I've yet to try!), some Targhee (which I've also been wanting to try!),luxury batts, and cotton yarn that she dyed/carded, note cards, a handspun key chain, and some chocolate (I ate that already, and even shared with DH!). Everything is just beautiful, and I can hardly wait until I can start spinning! I have a few things to finish first, but hopefully I can get to it all soon! Thank you so much!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh, what a great sweater. I've made a few for my man but he's just not much of a sweater wearer. Alas . . . that looks like a fun knit.

Donna B said...

What lovely goodies! And handsome sweater! Bet it feels good to get it done finally!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Fabulous sweater!!! Ready just in time for cooler weather.

You're going to have fun trying out that fiber.

Deborah said...

Great sweater. You do such nice work!

Joanne said...

The sweater is gorgeous! Good Job!

Melissa said...

Great job on the sweater!

Holly said...

Hey-that's one great sweater! My dh doesn't wear the ones he has, so I'm afraid to knit him one, for fear it will end up in the top of his closet like the rest.
Your swap package looks great! What a nice motivator to keep your projects humming along :~)