September 23, 2006

CA Feet to Prayers Sock Swap Questionnaire

When is your birthday? January 12th

Do you spin your own yarn? If so, do you also like to work with raw fleece (washing, dyeing, carding) or only from prepared fibers (roving, top, batts)? I like working from both raw fleece and prepared fibers, but I have enough fleece at the moment. I'm starting to save for a drum carder to process the fleeces I have.

What small projects do you like to make? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc. I love knitting socks, but have been knitting more baby things lately again, especially since B and A are the right size for it!

What are your favorite scents? My favorite it vanilla, but I like anything that smells like home baked goodies, like cinnamon cookies, hazelnut coffee, pumpkin pie, etc.

Do you like stationary and cards? I like both. I've been looking for some plain cards since all I seem to have are "thank you" cards!

Do you like hand lotions or soaps? I like lotion, but haven't been using it much lately since I wash my hands so much. That will probably change though, especially once the cold weather sets in.

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers? I usually prefer to use a piece of yarn/thread for stitch markers since I can move them more easily and they don't snag on my yarn.

Do you collect anything? I collect post cards. I used them as wallpaper in one of my rooms during college.

Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc. I don't have any allergies.

Do you have any hobbies? (besides knitting, of course!) I've been sewing a lot lately, and spinning, of course!

Do you like scented or unscented candles? I'm partial to scented candles.

Are there any books you are secretly wishing for? I've been looking at Wendy Knits book, but other than that, I don't think so.

Do you have a favorite Bible verse/story or character from the Bible? My current favorite verse is Matthew 18:3-6 (ESV)- "Truly I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." Seeing B grow and ask questions, this is so real to me, I think that we all need to see the world through the eyes of a child more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am your Secret Sister for the CA Feet to Prayers Sock Swap. I have enjoyed reading your new blog.