June 05, 2007

Finally a FO!

I started this little sweater for A at the beginning of May and only just finished it this past weekend! It still needs to be blocked and for buttons to be sew on, but I think it is very cute! Nausea and morning sickness (baby #3 is due in December) have kept me from knitting for over a month now, but they are letting up. Pattern: My own, loosely based on the Open-Collared Pullover from EZ's Knitter's Almanac
Stitch Pattern: Diamond Brocade from Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns
Yarn: 2 skeins (123 yds each) of KnitPicks CotLin in Key Lime. I only had several inches of yarn left!
Size: 20" chest, for my 13 mo A. Hopefully I'll get him to model it after I find some cute buttons!

I'm working on a project for B at the moment. I should have it done by the end of the week. It is good to be knitting again! Then I need to decide what to spin for the Journey to a Shawl KAL. It will be great incentive to spin up enough yarn for a big project! I also have a bit of yarn spun to make B some more slipper socks since she loves the pair that she has.

6 comments:

Woven Spun said...

That is so cute. i think I am joining you in the morning sickness thing...at least that's what it feels like...except mine is ALL day. blech. Hope we both end this soon. :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

Glad you're feeling better. The sweater sure is cute!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Carissa!!!! I'm so happy for you ;o)

Molly said...

Carissa, congrats on baby #3 :) Hopefully, your morning sickness will end soon and you can enjoy being pregnant. The sweater is adorable! How did you like the cotlin yarn?

Theresa said...

Very cute! I'm glad the morning sickness is beginning to give you at least a little break! :o)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. The sweater is very cute!