August 13, 2007

Mindless knitting and piano playing

I don't play the piano, but hubby does, and the munchkins love to "play " too. When Daddy gets home from work, they will often play for a few minutes while I finish dinner. Seeing them all together just warms my heart! Thankfully both of the kids seem to have inherited their daddy's natural musical abilities! Since we were taking a weekend trip, as much as I wanted to swatch for my Morning Glory project, I decided that it wasn't practical. So I decided to pick something more mindless and started this tote bag, which I got as a kit from Black Water Abbey yarns at Stitches East a few years ago. I love the heathered colors of the yarn! It will be felted when finished, and I'll need to find some nice fabric for the lining. I'm about halfway through the body of the bag, and it is going along well. The socks weren't complicated, but sometimes it is nice to play with some mindless fair isle, which is really just stockinette in the round!

6 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

You can tell the kids love their daddy. What wonderful memories they will have of playing the piano with him.

I really like the tote bag. It seems almost a shame to felt it, because it looks so pretty the way it is, but a firmer fabric will make a more practical bag. Can't wait to see how it changes in the wash.

Lorraine said...

So pretty! I love the colors, especially with fall coming.

What a great music heritage is being passed down. At our house, it is guitar playing with Daddy!

Anonymous said...

That's a fabulous picture, Carissa.

And, I just love the bag! I can't imagine, though, how it could qualify as mindless knitting! Man. It must be along the same lines as Russian literature. Clearly, you have a natural brilliance, even without the piano.

: )

Deborah said...

That tote bag is just terrific. I can't wait to see how it turns out. You are a very talented knitter.

I just love the picture of your kids eating the zucchini. No matter how creatively I hide it, my kids find it and decorate the sides of their plates with it.

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Carissa, it has been to long since I visited your blog and saw all of these adorable pictures!!!

B's curly hair is so cute ;)

I like reading about your summer!

Hugs, Cary

Theresa said...

Nice to see your hubby! :o) The tote looks neat.