July 13, 2007

Blueberry Picking!

Thanks to my parents visiting for Miss Peach's birthday earlier in the week, and my daddy spending the better part of 2 days working on our computer, we have a new hard drive and I have access to my pictures again! Two weeks ago we went blueberry picking at a local farm for the second time. We hope to go one more time before the season is over! Here is Mis Peach eating and picking some berries. She usually eats about as many as she puts in our bucket! Munchkin Boy just likes to eat them! If I didn't refill his bowl quickly enough, he would grab the closest branch to pick his own, green ones and all!
B hard at work again!
This time we only picked about 5 lbs (one bucket). The first time we went we ended up with 12, but Daddy was around to help the kiddos out too. We froze most of the first batch since they were tarter and better for baking. I also made 4 pints of blueberry topping for pancakes come the fall and winter.

2 comments:

Compassionate Conservative said...

I didnt know you have a blog!
And I love the pics!

Melissa said...

Yummy! We won't have blueberries until August here in VT.