July 27, 2007

More Morning Glory Spinning and Ideas

Here is my first skein of Morning Glory yarn, 250 yards and 2 oz. I'll be happy if I end up with 500 yards of the blue. It is a little heavier than fingering weight, and it is nice and fluffy! Just what I was aiming for.
Now the rest of this is all Cary's fault. Ever since she said that the blue reminded her of morning glories, it has been downhill from there! I have all sorts of ideas bouncing around in my head for morning glory patterns is lace and in stranded knitting. Since I didn't want to try to match the colors in the blue morning glory blend, I made a leaf blend instead. I used bright green, emerald green, and just a touch of green and yellow firestar, with the same 50% BFL, 25% silk, and 25% alpaca base. I really like the way that these turned out as well! I am trying to decide if I want to use beads in this design or not. We'll see how the swatching goes, and I may need to save some of the ideas that I have for when I have a bit more time to play with them.
I'm also working furiously on my Sockapalooza socks, and am nearing the toe of the first and hope to finish it and cast on the mate this weekend. I'll have a picture of them when I'm finished!

5 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I love the way the yarn turned out. The Morning Glory theme is a good one.

Lorraine said...

Amazing where a little inspiration will take you. You go, girl! Love the morning glory idea.

Theresa said...

Very lovely. Cary is always getting us into trouble with ideas! LOL

Holly said...

OooooO-pretty wool! Can't wait to see what you decide!
I'm with you on the knitting furiously for Sockapalooza! I've got some done on the feet of mine(doing both at once-one magic loop, one on two circs)and am making progress. I've been so consumed with What Will I Make for my Sock Recipient/The Actual Knitting that I got all excited when my partner wrote to tell me that mine will be in the mail soon. Kinda forgot that someone has been knitting for me. Ha!

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Well, now Carissa...have you seen the pattern for the Morning Glory stole over at www.knitspot.com? LOL...wouldn't that be perfect for your Morning Glory yarn?