April 17, 2007

Maple Garland Pictures

Well here are two pictures of the blocked Maple Garland Shawl. Please excuse the poor quality. The shawl is too big (56" square) to photograph well inside, and we are having gusty wind and generally nasty weather, so these were the best I could manage. I hope that you can get an idea of the size and pattern though.
Vital statistics:
Pattern: Maple Garland Shawl from Marianne Kinzel's Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting
Yarn: approximately 2000 yards (~7 oz) of Jaggerspun Superfine Merino in cream
Needles: 3.5 mm dpns and circulars, and a size 5 steel crochet hook for the crochet edging
Size: 56" square

I plan to enter this in the garment competition at MDSW (Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival). I really don't expect to win anything since it is such a huge event, but I still think that it will be a good experience.

9 comments:

Woven Spun said...

that looks amazing! will be praying for the entry.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You should be very proud.

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

It is STUNNING Carissa! And you did that with two small children?!? LOL...I can't even knit with two small cats around the house ;)

It is just so lovely and I'll bet it gets a very close look by the judges at the show!

Hugs, Cary

Melanie said...

It's beautiful! You should be really happy with the way it came out.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That is stunningly gorgeous! I think entering it is a fantastic idea. I'm sure you'll do well. :)

Melissa said...

That is GORGEOUS Carissa!! Well done!

Holly said...

How beautiful! Now that's a masterpiece!

Anonymous said...

Carissa!

The shawl is magnificent!! Really, it takes my breath away.

Sande Francis said...

Hey Carissa - I finally got a few minutes to cruise thru my bloglines and see your new photos! This shawl is breath-taking. I love Kinzel's work - my first will be the Rose of England. I joined the KAL last year, but never managed to get started. :) Oh well, I have plenty of time to get that done, as soon as I finish everything I have on the needles now.