April 27, 2007

Adonienieroschen Shawl

I've finally blocked my Adonienieroschen shawl. I adapted the pattern from Gloria Penning's Old World Treasures. I am really happy with the way it turned out. It was an easy knit, and I actually used stitch markers, which I rarely do (I only used 1 on the whole Maple Garland shawl, and that was for the beginning of the round!). I unraveled the front of a sweater that I was never going to finish or wear, and then used two of the remaining three balls. I think I'll send whatever I have left to my friend. She is having some health problems, and I hope that this will be a long distance hug. When I told B that it was for a friend who was sick, she wanted to get into our car and drive to see her to give her a hug to make her feel better! She is such a sympathetic little girlie! So I hope that the shawl is well received!
Pattern: Adonienieroschen from Gloria Penning's Old World Treasures
Yarn: between 600 - 650 yards Adriafil Sound, a mohair/acrylic blend in eggplant purple
Needles: US 9 and 10 circulars
Size: 50" diameter

8 comments:

Woven Spun said...

that is simply gorgeous! The recipient will be blessed indeed. And what B said...wow...amazing. Keep up the good mommy (and knitting) work.

Theresa said...

STUNNING! What a blessing you are going to be to your friend!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Well, it doesn't look like an easy knit. Absolutely gorgeous!

Sande Francis said...

Crum - they already took "gorgeous" and "stunning" and left me digging for superlatives. Hmmm.. How about STUPENDOUS!! (G) Really- lovely and in my favorite color as well. good work!!
sandeleh@sbcglobal.net

Holly said...

Wow that is one beautiful piece! You did a great job!

ewenme said...

Carissa, sent this GORGEOUS shawl.... to "ME". I was in tears when I opened up the package and found this shawl and a lovely card inside. She made this for me to wear to help with the chills that my IV chemo treatments are causing during/after each treatment. I have been wearing this shawl off and on since I opened the package yesterday. Feels like a comforting "HUG" from Carissa. Thank you again, Carissa.... for making this shawl for me. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am to have a friend make me something this beautiful. Please hug little Bethany for me. She is such a sweetie to want to have you drive her here to give me a hug.

Melissa said...

Very lovely Carissa! You rock at shawl knitting ;o)

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

This shawl is stunning!