April 09, 2007

Maple Garland Shawl

So Eve asked for a picture of the Maple Garland Shawl. Here it is, looking like a crumpled ball of yarn. Only because the center is visible, is it even recognizable as the Maple Garland shawl from Marianne Kinzel's Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting

I am using Jaggerspun's Superfine Merino in cream, on 3.5mm knitting needles. I've used over 1800yds thus far, and still have 14 rows left, so I figure that I will use a couple hundered yards more. I'll post a picture when I have it all dressed out.

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Beautiful. You must have a lot of time invested in this.

Melissa said...

Wow you have a lot of patience to work with such a fine yarn. I have found that I like results more than the process, so I don't do well with projects like this. It gives me a greater appreciation for what it takes to do it though.